The Best Foot Forward program supports healthy life choices through exercise and participation in schools’ physical education programs. With the right shoes, a child can feel confident and safe getting their recommended daily exercise. By jump-starting children on the path to fitness and health, the GSF Foundation is providing at-risk children an opportunity that will enhance their quality of life.
The GSF Foundation works closely with school administrators from elementary schools where a majority of the students come from families that are experiencing financial hardship.
The Best Foot Forward program proudly works in conjunction with Payless Shoes. Payless Shoes offers a 15-20% discount on eligible shoes, enabling the GSF Foundation to provide more at-risk children with the proper footwear required to participate in their school’s athletic activities. In 2017, the GSF Foundation began a partnership with the Two Ten Footwear Foundation. This partnership will help expand the Best Foot Forward program and reduce the price of branded shoes, ultimately allowing the Foundation to help even more children in need.
- GSFF Sumner Partners with Local McDonald’s Owner/Operators to Donate 520 New Shoes to Children in Need — May 14, 2018
- GSFF Chicago Provides Over 600 Kids in Need with New Branded Shoes and Wraps Up National GSFF’s First Full Year of New Partnership — January 24, 2018
- Nearly 1,000 Kids in Need Receive Brand New Shoes Through the GSF Foundation’s Best Foot Forward Program — February 03, 2017
- Irvine Foundation Volunteers Help Santa Ana Kindergarteners Start Their School Year on the Right Foot — October 15, 2012
- City of Bell Shoe Giveaway Helps First Graders “Put Their Best Foot Forward” — March 23, 2012
Every child should have the opportunity to participate in sports and other healthy activities throughout the school year. Your support or contribution to the Best Foot Forward program can help purchase and deliver the proper footwear to these children in need.
Donate to this program today »